Which Bible is the most accurate? Please let your answer have proofs and give the source of the proof. ?

A good answer is not because my church uses that translation.

Why did you come to the conclusion, that your translations is more accurate?

57 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

Personally I prefer  Young's Literal Translation, because it is a literal translation.  I don't know of any other literal translation into English.  

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

www.bible.com

www.koran.com

www.allah.com

www.buddha.com

All gods are now online

EMAIL JESUS

EMAIL GOD

EMAIL BUDDHA

EMAIL BUDDHA

EMAIL ALLAH

GOD WILL EMAIL YOU BACK

JESUS WILL EMAIL YOU BACK IN   2020

• 4 weeks ago

That's difficult to answer, which would require us to be reserved in latching on to any one translation. A reading of several versions might be helpful, including writings which did not "make" the Bible (the Gospel of Thomas, for example and other Nag Hammadi writings). You also need to try to understand the historical context in which various books were written. Doing all of those things might be helpful in understanding the whole of "Judaism and Jesus movement" and then analyzing how the teachings of that era can inform us today. 

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Why there have to be one better than the other ?

Don't they say the same thing ?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

The KJV is probably the best since it uses the best manuscrpts, the Textus Receptus, and does not try to interpret for you.

The modern obsession with accurate scholarship and textural knowledge, or of modern easy to understand language, commits one of the greatest errors possible in that it fails to apprehend that understanding is only given by God.

Furthermore it has stood the test of time and seen many revivals.

Today we have the greatest resources and the least understanding.

For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding. 

I have more understanding than all my teachers: for thy testimonies are my meditation. 

• Paul
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

There are several very accurate translations available, among the best are the Revised Standard Version (RSV) and the New American. There are also some very poor translations. The worst translation still in common use is the King James Version, with close to 6,000 translational errors. The translators appointed by King James were simply not expert in the ancient languages, and it shows, on almost every page. Many of the errors are minor - singular vs. plural, verb tenses, etc. But some of them are ridiculous. For example, the KJV is the only version ever made that mentions unicorns. They translated the Greek phrase for "horned beasts" as "unicorns", instead of the correct translation found in every other version of the Bible - "oxen", or "cattle".

• 4 weeks ago

The Greet Text .**********

• 4 weeks ago

The Koine Greek New Testament and the Septuagint, written in Koine.

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian
  • 4 weeks ago

That's subjective, as translation isn't an exact science.

• 4 weeks ago

The Jewish Tanakh is the most accurate because it is written in the original Hebrew and Aramaic and therefore there are no translation errors.  

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.