Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

Is your boyfriend telling you to **** off okay?

My boyfriend yells at me **** you, **** off and go **** yourself. He gets super heated during arguments but I’m starting to get really offended by it. Most of the time the arguments are just about topics he doesn’t want to talk about and he explodes and yells and yells at me.

He has been very physical with me when he’s drunk too. I’m not allowed to ever bring anything up or I get in trouble.

Oh no. That's not something you stick by. You staying around after he talks to you enables him to be an asshole and to treat you with disrespect. If you're his equal you put him in check by not becoming like him but letting him know if he doesn't change you're not sticking around.

Next time he does that. Just walk out. Tell him no one talks to you like that. If he tries to get you back you no matter how sweet and sorry he is, you don't forgive unless you see the change in behavior.

How are you suppose to ask him to respect you if you can't respect yourself enough to stop people from disrespecting you. Walk away because there's plenty of people willing to respect you that don't treat people like that. If he can't control himself, he's not good enough for you. He's not good enough for people. The longer you stick around the more he'll lose his respect for you even if he says he doesn't. The truth is in the action.

• Tepee

Any mate who says that deserves to become your "ex" mate.

Thanks for the answer. I just moved a couple states to live with him. I try to ignore it, but I don’t think it’s fair to myself.

• T J

So, why are you still with him?  It will never get better. Now, how smart are you to be still with him?