Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

They made me feel terrible?!?

In high school as a senior I am in charge of doing senior superlatives. I came up with a whole list of stuff and I had a “friend” who told me to do “most likely to be a supermodel” and he suggested two girls in my grade and honestly that hurt my feelings because I told him I wasn’t putting that and he said they were the most attractive in the grade.

Also we had other superlatives for best smile and best eyes and stuff like that and out of all the 20+ people in my class, no one out me for either categories and just rotated around like 4 different girls in our grade and there’s only 7 or 8 of us. 

I was so hurt when I found all of this out and it messed up my self esteem. On some people’s papers I wasn’t even on there at all. I am very quiet but I KNOW I am not ugly. Several people have called me pretty. How do I stop feeling like crap? I never told anyone how that affected me

School yearbooks are a joke girl. Seriously don’t take it personal. I know you’re probably really young so it seems like life revolves around school but in reality it truly doesn’t. 

I remember in middle school the girl who was nominated for “best smile” (who is actually super ugly)... just happens to work at the same hospital I do now! I’m a nurse and she’s an LNA & half the nurses don’t like her and trust me nobody has ever said she’s pretty. She also is unmarried.. where as I’m married now. 

Just goes to show that yearbooks lie. 

Also have you ever though that maybe the guy didn’t nominate you because he was too scared? Because you were right there and maybe he was scared of you rejecting him or something. 

• T J

Why are you in charge of it? Can you step away from it, let your big mouth friend  do it. You are not appreciated for doing it. Stay away from all of them, do not do anything like this again..refuse to be used. Try to rise above the bs.

• Chanel

It is the person inside that matters. Looks fade. Don't let him hurt you.

School does not last for ever and all through life you will meet different people and make new friends. So don't worry about this anymore.

• James

Come join the rest of us who

Were never picked for best dressed or any of those other categories. It really doesn't matter high school is over and there are plenty of bigger things to worry.about