How can i get a car tax refund?

i sold the car and sent the logbook off to dvla through post then went home to cancel the road tax for the car it says enter document reference number which i dont have as i sent off the log book and gave the rest of the document green slip part to the buyer what can i do now do i have to contact dvla by phone and ask them for a refund and cancel the tax dont know how this works new to this stuff can anyone let me know thanks.

4 Answers

  • Anonymous
    3 months ago

    The taxing authority will refund your prorated taxes once you surrender your license plate(s).

  • ?
    Lv 6
    3 months ago

    Again Shakur, you must use punctuation if you expect others to understand what it is that you are trying to ask.

  • Anonymous
    3 months ago

    HAHA! No, you can't. But, when the DVLA receives those forms, they'll mail the balance to you. Thanks for the laugh.

  • 3 months ago

    You don't need to.

    As tax cannot be transferred, the DVLA automatically cancel it and refund any balance, when they get the transfer of ownership form.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.