Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

NY times recently claimed they had a Trump tax return showing he paid only $750. Where is that tax return? Anyone have an image file?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Trump himself has confirmed that the Times' reporting is accurate, at least in regards to how much he has paid. 

• 1 month ago

Nobody is going to have a copy of Trump's tax return.  That stuff is the official property of the IRS, and they don't like anyone making copies of their property.

But even with their dismal record for factual reporting, I'm sure the New Yowk Times got pretty close to what The Don actually paid in personal income tax.  When your last name is also the name of an international business empire, you can afford to hire a team of tax lawyers (yes that's a type of lawyer) and accountants to do your personal return.  Those people are paid a fortune to keep records of every scholarship endowment, every available write-off, every travel allowance, every profitable loss, every business expense, every campaign donation and every quarter he put into every parking meter.  There are a thousand legal ways to keep money out of the IRS's sticky hands, and a team of lawyers & accountants will find every one of them.

There is a word for something that is only legal on paper, and only because of some ridiculous loop hole that hasn't been closed yet, and that word is legal.

• y
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It was already debunked as being BS.

• Robert
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The do not.  But if he did pay that, what's the problem? Certainly not with a guy with a great CPA.  If there is a problem with the tax code, suggest a flat tax with no deductions for everyone.  That way the rich pay their fare share.  If you make $100, you pay 10.  If you make $1000 you pay 100, so the richer you are the more you pay and with no deductions and loop holes the only people who suffer will be the accountants who will become unnecessary.  If Trump paid only $750 I applaud him for doing so.   I would be happy to do so myself. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

The New York Times says a lot of things. Mostly out of a desperation to sell their shrinking distribution of news papers. 

They've been called on this $750 and their gross misrepresentation. No one bought it, so they're moving on. 

• 1 month ago

I never got into it. That story was just another anti Trump accusation du jour. It's too predictable that they would make something out of nothing some more. 

• Jeff D
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Even the Times admitted that the $750 was IN ADDITION to taxes Trump had previously paid.

• 1 month ago

No, like the Russian Hoax, it exists primarily in the mind of the gullible leftist.

• 1 month ago

tax returns are private by federal law, you have no legal right to see it.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Do you have any dirty pictures of your mother?

No?  Would you like some?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.