Computer randomly slow but speeds up after restart?

So for months now since I upgraded my CPU when I start up my computer it sometimes runs randomly slow like to where games & softer run super slow & are barley usable at all. But after I restart my computer everything runs normal like it's suppose too.

I tried reinstalling the OS several times & I've tried swapping back in the old CPU but it still gives me the same issue. Randomly running slow & then speeding up again after a restart. What do y'all think the problem could be?

I have a Dell Precision with Windows 8.1 Pro, Intel Xeon 6-Core @ 2.6Ghz, 16GB of DDR3 ECC Ram, & a AMD Firepro W5000 2GB GDDR5 with a 240GB Sandisk SSD as my boot drive & a 4TB Blue Western Digital HDD as my secondary drive.

if you did reinstall and the problem is still the same then it is not a software issue.   looks like a hardware issue.   it could be the memory is damaged or your SSD is damaged.   you have to try swap one of them at a time.  

XEON is not created for gaming because the single core speed is slower than intel i5....

It's the barley. It's clogging up the works.

• keerok

Softer. There's something definitely running at boot-time and does it the first time you boot for the day. Check background running apps and start-up programs. Check the ones in regedit too..