Goerge
Goerge asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

Where did your dogs and/or cats come from?

You purchased them as AKC puppies.

You purchased them/donated in kind at a local shelter.

A friend had too big of a litter.

They found you. 

Both of mine just turned up one day about a year or so apart. The cat as an 8 or 9 month old puppy and the dog was probably about a year and a half old. He was chipped so I know his history, and he ain't going back and she wasn't chipped.

I'm sorry, my cat is not trans-species. She was an 8 or 9 month old kitten. 

Mr. Bean is absolutely adorable and if he wasn't asleep I would think he posed for that pic. 

For those not in the know, it usually is suggested to allow the puppies to drink from their mom, get their shots and basically get prepared for the big bad world for at least 8 weeks(up to 12) before attempting to give them away. 5 weeks is pretty much cruelty to animals which applies to all parties involved. It is actually illegal in the MAJORITY of states to sell puppies before they are 8 weeks of age. The effects last through adulthood. 

In short, reporting the cruel owner or simply refusing to accept the puppy, regardless if it's free, is a better option. 

We as humans would of course want to know where someone was from but they're just dogs, what does it matter where they came from? Your comment was cold and simply ummm, I will hold my tongue. The memories this question evokes are important. The mThe love these people have for their pets is also important. To be curious about a loving member of someone's family is not silly to others. You insult others by insulting their curiosity as silly so to you I say (censored). Seriously Go(censored)! :)

Disregarding people's wants won't be tolerated nor will insulting other member's questions and calling them silly. The same with name calling, even if it is only "silly". If the TOS and guidelines weren't in place I would be more colorful. That is still insulting other people and within my question I want to let people know their opinion matters and isn't silly.

I remember when Sean Penn(I Am Sam) screamed, IT MATTERS TO ME. Some people laughed at the mentally challenged person raging. I didn't.

If anybody comes to chat and fails to answer the question well... I read someplace at Y!A.

I purchased my cat Mr. Bean from the Petsmart in Robinson, PA. He was in the rescue program.

• garry

where did you come from , the jungle .. lol what a dumb question , where do cats and dogs come from , lol.

I currently have two salukis. One came from a breeder who changed her mind about using him as a stud; the other came from a rescue that shipped dogs from Kuwait. Curiously, the cost was the same, except that the rescue was chipped and came with a travel cage.

Previously, our dogs came either from breeders except for one picked up off the street by a friend of a friend and one from the local SPCA. The last came from a breeder who had died. We were able to get in touch with her daughter, who was kind enough to give us the information needed to register him.

My friend did.

Me Basset Hound puppy was feral. 

My cats are and always have been (my first was when I was 12 years old) rescues, mostly in the past 25 years, ones I have trapped off the street.  Sleeping next to me right now is Bettina, trapped with three kittens 10 years ago.  One kitten adopted by a neighbor, two by me.

my pitty we rescued him from the snow he had abusive owners they shaved him and threw him in the snow 

• Lots of strays where I live.They eventually amble into my home for life.

My little dog came from a co-worker relatives in another town. I had lost my Chihuahua of 16 years a few months before I got this one from them. They were giving away theses little puppies at 5 weeks old and I told them they were way to young, they didn't care. I took one and he is a great little companion. He comes to work with me every day, I'm so lucky!

She was a neighbors dog but kept digging out to come over to my house cause I had lots of dogs.  The neighbor decided she was going to the pound cause they couldn't stop her from digging out & offer her to me or she was going to the pound.  She is mine now.

Both cats and my dog came from rescues.