Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 1 month ago

how can I improve performance on windows 10?

I’ve got a pretty **** PC, and yeah obviously the best option is to upgrade, but I cannot, so how can I increase performance on my current PC? I’ve already googled this and done what 5000 websites think is unique information. I already know about the basic things. But it seems like there are a million tiny settings hidden on the PC that could be turned around at my advantage.

For gaming

• keerok

No amount of settings can improve on hardware. Knowing that, the tiny things you can do are uninstall programs you don't really use and mind those that run in the background. The fewer things going on behind your back, the faster your computer runs.

It helps to know what hardware your PC has, or at the very least the model number.

Things I would recommend:Disable as many startup programs as possible (Task Manager>Startup)

Uninstall programs you don't need or use. OEM systems typically have a bunch of bloatware installed.

Close unnecessary programs when gaming

Make sure your system is updated

Lower the game's graphics settings

Otherwise, there isn't a whole lot more you can do. There's only so much you can do in software before you have to buy new hardware.

Probably turn off some animations in windows 10.

Go to control panel/system and security/system properties/performance than set to Adjust for best performance.