Burlington interview invitation?

I applied to Burlington a couple months ago and got two interviews earlier this month. Ended up not getting the job, and they even sent me an email saying I didn’t fit the position. Well..3 weeks later, this morning, I wake up to a text and email from them for another interview invitation. I never reapplied. Was this a mistake? 

• Some places keep your application on file for a few months, just in case they have to hire more people, or replace some one that quit or got fired. Maybe they think you would be a better fit for another job.

No mistake there. It's been a month since you're interview. If this is retail, you would have known if you had the jo b by now. If you want the job, call them back and ask them why they're interested in interviewing you. 

What difference does it make? You are not getting the job now.

• Kyle

they have your resume from the first application.  there is no need for you to reapply.  a lot of companies will keep files for six months.  and since they already interviewed you, this spot could have opened up and they may feel you're a better candidate for this one.

call them up and ask.  if it's not the position you're interested in, you can let them know too and they will consider that if any other positions open up to find a better fit.  

• Alex

If they came to you saying they want to consider you for another position, you're in a good place.  If you are interested, simply reply and tell them you are happy to hear that you are being considered and ask them what the next steps are.