Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 month ago

Can Some Frozen Food Be Cooked In A Toaster Oven Or Microwave?

Most frozen food say Preheat oven to 350-400 degrees, using a basic oven that part of your stove. What If a person that not cooking that much and not going to use up the whole package at once. Whether it be Mandarin Orange Chicken, Chicken Nuggets, Smaller Frozen Pizza, etc... Not talking frozen pop pie, hamburgers or TV dinners

How would one go about it in toaster oven or microwave? I have not found anything on my search about it. Like set at what on a toaster, for how long, use bake, fan bake or broil. At what watt is how many minutes in microwave and what feature to use on the microwave?

I did a search for fun of 

How to bake frozen Mandarin Orange Chicken in a toaster oven? 

Didn't find anything.

Anyone know any links to info on it.

For got to say when a person cooking for themselves or one other also. That it would be wasting energy/power using the regular oven.

Look at your packets again. There should be microwave instructions on your food if the item has oven instructions. As far as a toaster oven goes, that would work exactly the same way a big oven would work, Use the instructions you see on the packet for oven and just cook the item the same way in your toaster oven. As for cooking in the microwave, just use the 'high' or 100% setting.

• Sandy

I cook many frozen items in my toaster oven.

I just follow the same directions as for a regular oven.

• kswck2

Just make it fresh. Show some initiative to her. 

I can't think of anything that can't go in a toaster oven. Just keep an eye on it because the smaller ovens can cook a lot faster.

most foods also include microwave instructions..look on the package to see if they can be microwaved.