Law and abuse information. Need ADVICE?

I'm living with my ex still due I can't afford to pay rent on my own and also living with our kid. 

We been separated and still living together for many years now.

Our relationship have been toxic and I suffered verbal, philosophical, emotional, sexually, financially and physical abuse by him.

He is calling me names, if I try to have a conversation, tell anything my son or hug he interferes and starts coming in between, tells me to leave him alone, or tell our son to stay study and ignore me.

He is trying to alienate me from our son and talks bad about me to him.

I find that somethings he looks through my things, things are mine disappear, I find my mail open by him,he is harassing me to sign papers of divorce and threatened me by telling me that if I don't sign he will sale the house and disappear to another country leaving me in the street.

He also is trying his best for me to leave the house. He make the environment tense, makes offensive "jokes", he tells me "leave the house", if I'm sick or I have to stay in the house studying or relaxing he will find things to fight about, or comes to me to ask me about our divorce, when I'm leaving...

I want to know if all what he is doing right now is illegal or abuse? 

He is doing things that makes me uncomfortable, verbally, psychologically, emotionally abuse and is giving me anxiety and stress. I'm finding it hard to go back home after work or going out. 

4 Answers

  • Anonymous
    3 months ago

    Maybe YOU want to live in this environment.  Your child has no choice.

    "He will SALE the house" ... I trust this is not in the USA?

    Talk to Child Welfare; talk to a clergy person; talk to the Police.

    YOU are exposing YOUR child to this environment because YOU don't care enough to take the child and move out.

  • 3 months ago

    Find a local Woman's shelter and get help.

  • n2mama
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

    Opening your mail is a federal offense, good luck pursuing that in any way. Other than that, nothing you have described is illegal, as you don’t specify any current physical abuse. Of course, if he puts his hands on you, then you could call the police and press charges for domestic violence and assault. Your whole situation is beyond messed up though. You stay there because you can’t afford to support yourself, but want to make some kind of trouble for him. Is the goal to get him kicked out of the house/arrested? Because if you can’t afford to live alone now, what would change by getting him kicked out? 

    He doesn’t want you there, you shouldn’t want to be there. You need to be making really big, proactive steps to do everything in your power to make more money and get yourself out of there. That’s your responsibility, no body else’s. Obviously the alleged abuse can’t bother you too much if you’ve tolerated it for years without doing anything to improve your situation.

  • 3 months ago

    Talk to an attorney or social worker, not random strangers on the internet.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.