Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

I gave my dog a bath he still smells. Something internal is going on from breathe to the butt. Sometimes fishy sometimes garage  Look below ?

What do I give him? How do I fix it? We can’t go to the vet.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Go see a vet, and anonymous,

No

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Put a shock collar on it.

• 1 month ago

If this fishy smell is from his anal glands which is highly likely then you will end up with an anal gland abscess which will cost you way more at the vets....  and if this breathe is something else it could be as serious as kidney disease.

Giving him a bath won't help...  seeing a vet will. 

• 1 month ago

It may be as simple as getting his anal glands emptied.  Anal glands tend to smell fishy.

https://www.google.com/search?q=my+dog+smells+like...

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Maxi
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No one on a world wide Q&A forum can advise you as no one can examine your dog...... only the vet can examine, advise and treat and that is where you need to take th dog.

As some have said it 'could be' impacted anal glands, however it could be many things....... a dog who smells, has bad breath and impacted anal glands  is like to be fed cheap garbage..... so 'what you should give him' is a vets visit and a decent diet

• Amber
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

If you can't go to a vet at least get a groomer to empty his anal glands. It's a lot cheaper than the vet but some groomers don't do large dog's anal glands as they usually need to be done internally. His teeth do need to be checked as there could be an infection going on.

If it was you you'd get yourself sorted out with a visit to your doctor and dentist. 

• 1 month ago

1 Groom your dog daily to brush off excess hair and debris. ...

2 Bathe your dog every month or as per a vet's recommendations. ...

3 Make sure your dog's fur and skin dry thoroughly. ...

4 Use a scented spray designed for dogs. ...

5 Wash your dog's bedding regularly so microorganisms don't have a second home

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Why can`t you go to the vets? 

If its his Butt, its probably his anal glands that need emptying urgently.

Bad breath may be caused by bad teeth, gum disease or internal problems like cancer.

There is no way anyone om here can 100% tell you how to fix the dogs problem as there are multiple problems that could be the cause.

If you can afford the internet, you should be able to afford to take your dog to a vet. 

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Most probably anal glands which can smell 'fishy'.   If you can't manually empty them, then you do need to get your vet/nurse to do it and soon because if left, these glands can rupture and then your poor dog will be in a whole host of trouble.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.