Why are Californians so mean?

Some of the meanest, nastiest, most toxic people I've ever had the misfortune to deal with were from California. Is there something about that US state in particular that gives them that nature?

1 week ago

They are in competition with New Yorkers, both are overpopulated. Too many people lends itself to neurotic conditions

High cost of living coupled with weed smoke everywhere zx

. . . . . . . . . .

, , , , , , , , , ,

If you lived here you'd know. From incompetent and corrupt state leaders to getting virtually nothing back in return for paying some of the highest taxes in country, we're just exhausted. 

Too many people, the cost of living is too high, too many people are competing for the same jobs with little employment so they are naturally stressed.

• Mier

I’ve traveled to various parts of the nation and Californians are no worse than those from the Midwest, south, or East. There’s unpleasant people all over. I’ve found a lot of the undesirables from other states and countries actually flock to California giving the actual natives a bad name

It's over-polluted in all ways.