How can I become a babysitter?

Even if you know people who are already looking for a babysitter, I highly recommend you do a resume in order to get a job as one.

If you know your future employers, It will show them that you are serious about the job and its responsibilities. And If you don't, It will increase the chance of being interview in the sea of other babysitter applications.

Use some resume examples to guide you when making a babysitter resume. I hope it helps! Good luck!

Source(s): ResumeCoach

I took a babysitting course at the Red Cross when I was 12. That was over 20 years ago, so no idea if they still have that. It teaches basic child care stuff like making bottles, changing diapers, and how to handle different aged kids. It also teaches basic first aid and CPR. You don’t need to take this class, but it might be a good idea if you don’t have much experience with young kids. As far as finding clients, see if your parents have friends with young kids, or you can ask parents in your neighborhood (if you live in a safe, friendly community). Ask your parents before you do anything. They will tell you what is appropriate and what isn’t. 

• Some areas offer baby sitting courses. Take some babysitting courses, some areas do require you to have a certificate in CPR before you start baby sitting. 

Once you've completed the course, look around on line or ask around and see if any one needs a baby sitter. 

Its usually word of mouth.

By taking the proper training or being a certain age and being respectful to the toddler,