Stupid question - but what do you do when groceries get delivered to your door? ?

Heres a stupid question - i've never done online grocery shopping before and i am thinking i will have to if i ever get covid19. So i know how it works with the online shopping part - book a time slot and order online. 

But what actually happens when they deliver it to your door? i've seen them being delivered in large boxes - are you expected to take the box in your house and unload in the kitchen and bring the box back out? 

Are they expecting to come into my house and drop of the box in the kitchen and let me unload it there?

or have them leave the box on the door step and you take the items out of the box and place it somewhere inside? 

What the best thing for me to do?

In the UK currently, they bring the large crates to your door; you can either empty them from there, or carry them into your home, empty them there, and return them to the delivery guy. 

They won't currently bring anything into houses due to covid etc. 

• kswck2

They will bring the groceries to the front door. How you arrange for payment is up to you. 

One tip you Will need to relay to the store however, is that you will get All brand names(which has a better profit margin for the store) than store brands, unless you specify it. 

I put a cart on the front porch for them to get the groceries from the driveway to the front door. I also tip 10% if you are wondering about that.

I think your groceries are more likely to come in bags, and probably the delivery person will bring them into the entry way if you ask them to, otherwise they will just leave them on the doorstep and you will bring them in. If they do come in a box just break it down and put it in recycling.

They take the box with them.

Your items are in regular plastic grocery bags inside the boxes.    They unload it all outside your door and then you bring it in at your own convenience.

No, they will not enter your home (COVID) and there is no reason to wait for you to bring it all in.

If you order age-restricted items like alcohol, have your ID and a pen ready as the driver needs to check it and have you sign.

Be courteous and wear a mask when you open the door (unless you choose contactless delivery in which case they won't even ring the bell). 

At least this is how it worked in my neck of the woods this summer when I broke my leg and couldn't drive for three months.

Be aware that the groceries come from a distribution center, not from your local grocery store.   I had many items that were out of stock and you don't get notified until your order has already gone through.    Read the options carefully because for each item you can select a substitute size or a substitute brand or no substitution.   Each has it's pros/cons.     Like if five pound chicken breast value packs are on sale for $1.99/pound but they are out of value packs, they may substitute five pounds of chicken breast at regular price of $5.99/pound which is going to cost you $30 instead of $10.