Has anyone ever leased a FHA home with option to buy?

FHA rules say it can be done.  Need to know where to start the process.

This is a FHA owned forclosure property.  I have a signed contract and a problem  a 7 month lease from FHA would solve my problem.

FHA handbook chapter 7 says they can lease.   But I have not found who I contact to start the process.

FHA doesn't own houses, they (through various lenders) finance them!  So it's not an FHA foreclosure.  No lender will finance a lease to own.

Without refinancing the FHA loan? This is a fools contract (for the buyer). First off, option to buy contracts frequently have all sorts of problems and secondly maybe the lender won't allow the buyer to assume the loan.

If you (as a buyer) enter into this now, you can't know if the lender will allow you to assume the loan later and credit reports change constantly and frankly the lender will take any excuse as a reason not to allow the assumption because they really don't want to loan falling into foreclosure.  

I suggest you assume the eventual buyer will get their own financing, and if they do manage to assume the loan, fine, but otherwise they are still ok. 

I also suggest you not enter into an option to buy contract (but that's not your question, so not getting into that right now).

Edit:

You don't have an FHA house, you have a HUD house.  Yes, Hud can lease property but usually doesn't.  And if you have a contract to purchase the property, they expect you to close before the expiration date of lose your good faith deposit, not wait 7 months.  Why? because there is likely another willing buyer who doesn't can buy it today.  You just might have to miss this opportunity and look for the next one when you actually are ready.  Sorry.

There is no such thing as an FHA home.

FHA is a type of mortgage.

"Has anyone ever leased a FHA home with option to buy?"

Yes.

"Need to know where to start the process."

You need to start with the appropriate kind of lease.

http://www.fhaloanpros.com/2010/11/buying-with-a-l...