Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 4 weeks ago

Is this normal?

I’ve been tracking my period ever since I got it (2 years ago). I’m 13. I always get cramps 10 days before my period is supposed to come. Without fail. It’s ALWAYS 10 days. I don’t think it’s too bad compared to what other people have to deal with. This happens for 3 days. 3 or 4 days before my period it starts happening again, getting a bit worse each day leading up to my period (usually lasts around 4 days) but on day 2, it just goes away completely. Then I get really irritated able for 3 days. Is it normal?

The cramping in between periods is normal, although not everyone has it. It's called mittelschmerz (I bet I misspelled that) and it's connected to ovulation. If you pay attention, sometimes you can even tell whether it's the left or right ovary firing.

(I can do that and it doesn't always alternate.)

The rest of the cramping is just garden variety, and of course the grouchy factor is hormones. It's good to try not to lash out at other people, of course, but sometimes it seems pretty clear a particularly annoying person would look better with a fork sticking out of their forehead.

I often plan activities that let me spend more time alone than usual, often reading with some music playing.