Gonzo

Do you think marijuana should be legalized in the United States?

What would the pros and cons be?

I think the pros would be:

legalized weed - woohoo!

taxes on weed could help economy 

less stigma and charges for minorities

you will get quality marijuana from reputable sellers

Cons

gateway to harder drugs (maybe)

munchies

Growing marijuana harms the environment

https://marijuana.procon.org/

We have test precedence for this and whether it makes sense depends on how it's done. States like Colorado did this, taxed it at an appropriate rate and have enriched themselves greatly. Meanwhile in California the tax rate on legal pot is so high that a vast underground black market still exists and legalization hasn't contributed more in revenue than it's costing to continue crackdowns on the illegal stuff. 

• RICK

I dont care as long as I keep the right to test and fire or not hire anyone who gests positive...Which is still legal in every state that legalized it.

• Judith

Don't really care one way or the other but I lean towards it NOT being legalized except for medical reasons.  It's time people started dealing with reality instead of medicating themselves with illegal drugs of all types.  It's just copping out as far as I'm concerned.

• Kathy

In my opinion, it should not be legalized, because it gets people stoned, and then they drive that way.

"gateway to  harder drugs"  

There is no evidence of this.   People who are going to do hard drugs are going to do them regardless of the law. 

"munchies"

Munchies do not depend on whether the pot was obtained legally or not.

"harms the environment"

It doesn't make any difference whether it's grown legally or illegally.

I wish there was a definitive DUI test for pot.   My main objection is all the stoned people out there driving around.   Again, it really makes no difference whether the pot was obtained legally or not.

Might as well legalize it and tax the crap out it.    Then again, in my state (Washington) buying illegal pot is a lot cheaper than buying from a pot shop.   No tax. 

• Rick

nope ...........................................

I think decriminalized at the federal level and leave it up to states to decide from there.