Why is explaining who you voted for considered personal by many?

Most if not all people my age express who they are voting for. It is the older generations who for some reason believe you are violating their rights by asking. What I don't understand is that these same people complain about politicians all the time. Why complain then? Why isn't that also considered private?

It's not always the same people. I was taught that one never discusses money, religion or politics (and I'm not even that old). 

• Maxi

The action of voting is between you and who you vote for, it is no one elses business..... why because 'political views' in most counties can cause lots of issues in everyday life, within families and at work, in some countries politics ( and religion) are subjects it is advised (and/or a rule in work situations) not to discuss or obvious reasons as it creates a divide, can cause arguements, lead to discrimination........ Young voters do not have the experience of life about the issues that can come out of this type of discussion and maybe because of their 'need' to advertise everything they do to the world, from what they are eating taking photos of their food to what film they saw last night and advertising it on social media ....given  time and maturity they will learn it is best to keep who they vote for to themselves.

As for moaning/complaining about politicians or rather the decisions they make and the actions they take, that is no different to a boss complaining about an employee who is not doing what they are employed or paid to do as the politicians are EMPLOYEES of the people who voted for them, the politicians are paid by those same people .. additionally those politicians are representatives of the citizens of that country, if they are racist, sexist etc or involve themselves in civil or criminal acts they are poorly portraying not only themselves but the citizens of the country in a very bad light to the world

Here is an example of why your reasoning is flawed and simply does not ring true. Recently my son-in-law said if we are voting for and support one of the presidential candidates that he doesn't care for, we are not welcome in his house anymore . Obliviously, I am the older of the two so your logic about ages is flawed.