Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 month ago

If i do decide to vote will one vote really make a difference?

I just registered to vote by mail but it might be too late i should have done it earlier hopefully i get the ballot before November 2nd or it's a lost cause i guess. Will one vote make a difference tho?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

You’ll be kicking yourself in the âss if you later find out that a candidate won by 1 vote. Even if your vote for president doesn’t make much difference, there’s a lot of very important down-ticket races that need your vote. It’s very important to vote for senate, house, and state legislators. State elections especially matter because it’s a census year. The controlling party in each state will determine the redrawing of the congressional districts. This could cause a lot of districts to flip. In a lot of ways, the down-ticket races matter more than the president. If your ballot doesn’t arrive in time, just go vote in person. 

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Whether your vote for President "counts" depends on where you live. But no matter where you live there are local candidates and issues on your ballot that would actually have some impact on your daily life. Most people are more affected by their Mayor and City Council than they are by who's sitting in the Oval Office. 

• Tmess2
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It probably will not make the difference at the national level.  The closest recent race was 2000 when fewer than 600 votes in Florida decided the election.  

But, within the past three years in Virginia, control of the state House came down to one vote in one district.

• 1 month ago

Your attitude times thousands or millions WILL make a difference.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

One vote probably won't make any difference in a big race but in my county I have seen a lot of down ballot races that were decided by just a couple of votes. 

• 1 month ago

Think of it this way. We each represent a different kind of person. If people like you decide to vote, that's probably thousands upon thousands of votes. If people like you decide not to vote, that could be enough to hand victory to the other side. 

• Kieth
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No one raindrop believes that it's responsible for the flood.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.