Can I take a picture while recording on the EOS m50 canon camera?

I wants was able to record and take a video and I was taking pictures at the same time on the EOS m50 canon camera but now I do not know how to do this. Does anyone know how I can do this feature again on the camera? Thank you.

Read the manual or go through all the settings in the menu and buttons of your camera.

Reading the manual before purchasing cost nothing but time

...................................

• garry

can your reverse a  car in forward gear?

You have to stop the recording to take a still photo. So, you may want to carry 2 different cameras. The other camera can be a cell phone or a compact digital. 

• Sumi

You cannot make a photograph while recording a video.  You can, however, convert a single frame from any video into a JPEG and use that for a photo.  Down side is that the M50 only records in full HD which is only 2.1MP.  At just 2.1MP, you'll have an image good enough for posting to the web, but nothing else.

On the other hand, if you were to get a 4K, 6K or 8K camcorder, you would have a much larger file size (e.g. 4K is comprised of 8MP images) and thus be able to do a lot more with the captured images.

• keerok

• Andrew

I'm not sure it can do that.   Buying a stills camera when your primary focus was video strikes me as an odd choice in the first place.

• qrk

If in doubt, read the manual. If you don't have the manual, download it from Canon's web site.