Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

Do jews and Christians believe in the same God?

29 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Only Messianic Jews

John 5:23 KJV — All men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

1 John 2:23 KJV — Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

2 John 1:9 KJV — Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

• BPK
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

The roots are the same.  We believe Jesus Christ to be the promised Messiah in what we call the Old Testament.  The Jews are still waiting for their Messiah.

• 1 month ago

That would depend on which God your talking about, I know of two specifically of which many Jews don't believe, one is the Father God and the other is His son, as far as the Father God goes I would say yes, He is the unseen God or the Most High God or the greatest known source of power that all men in the earth pray to unless your praying to a piece of wood or rock thinking it has any power to answer your prayers, this God is recognized all over the world, it's the other God which came in the form of a man that people not of Christianity reject, the problem with this is that the Most High God gave to Him ALL judgement concerning mankind, rightly so since this God took on the form of a man so He could understand him, this God is Jesus to the Christian of which at this time some Jews believe in Him and some do not, for me it's good to know someone is interceding for me before the Most High God which is NOT in the form of a man but rather only in the form of a spirit, Jesus is the LORD GOD, the Almighty

God of the old testament, the SON of the Most High God of which many Christians and fewer Jews can accept from reading the scriptures because there was no NAME given to them other than titles, the clues are there though yet won't be found unless you seek them or just believe it from another source that told you this. there is only ONE NAME in heaven or in this world whereby a man can be saved and that name is JESUS, obey His commandments, the one's He gave to Moses and this greatest one of loving thy neighbor as thyself and I can promise you that you will be saved, He told Moses to tell them He was coming when they asked him who sent you, He came yet was rejected by many of the Jews but to ALL that would believe in Him HE gave them the right to be called children of the Most High God

• 1 month ago

There is only one real God for humanity in this universe, and that is the Father, according to St. Paul.  Jesus is only one of the Lords, or lesser divine beings.

Many Christians mistakenly worship Jesus, when Jesus taught us to pray to and worship his father and our father, his God and our God.  Worse, most Christians fall for the heresy of the Trinity, and that is nothing like the Jewish idea of God.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Paul
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Yes, Jews have always believed in the one true God, and that He would send us a Messiah, the Savior and Redeemer of humanity. And they are the people through whom that Savior came into the world, 2,000 years ago. Great numbers of Jews recognized the Savior at that time, and followed Him, becoming Christians. Some did not, which is why Judaism still exists today, still awaiting the Messiah Who has already come.

• 1 month ago

Jews who reject the truth of Jesus Christ (He is God) do not believe in God.

• 1 month ago

Jews and Christians believe in God. However, I do not believe Jews believe in Jesus. They don't feel Jesus is the messiah. But I believe we are living in the last days and we will all believe in one God.

• 1 month ago

Yes they do..................

• 1 month ago

A Jewish scholar wrote long ago, "Is God the God of Jews only? Is he not the God of Gentiles too? Yes, of Gentiles too, since there is only one God, who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through that same faith." There is only one God, the Creator. Jews and Christians believe that and worship the same God. Read Romans ch. 3 & 4 for a full exposition of this.

• 1 month ago

And Muslims!  Judaism, Christianity and Islam are all what is collectively called 'Abrahamic' religions.  They all adopted the Old Testament.  The Christians then believe Jesus was God and broke off on their own.  Muslims believe that Mohammad was God's last true prophet and broke off on their own.

And yet, their dogma differs on just about every point you could name, and they each think the other is going to hell forever.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.