Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

That God wants all people to be saved must be viewed as a conditional statement. Not an absolute statement at all. True or false?

"The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance." 2 Pet. 3:9

The above Scripture is only a conditional statement, which implies that there are still exceptions to the rule.

The one exception to this rule is one's refusal to observe Jesus's first and great commandment to love and honour God in Matthew 22:37-38 and Romans 1:21, 32, respectively.

Such a commandment is the Chief cornerstone of the new covenant, which is still a requirement of Christian salvation.

The covenant is further elaborated by Isaiah 24:5, which says that God will destroy most of the earth's inhabitants because they have broken the "everlasting covenant".

Consequently, the Bible has clearly stated that there are still conditions which would exempt 2 Peter 3:9 from being true.

Because 2 Peter 3:9 is only a conditional statement, which cannot be universally valid.

True or false?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Favourite answer

VERY "conditional!"

"But seek ye first the Kingdom of God [Matthew 16:28; "The Promise" Acts 1:4-5; 8 Who came on the Day of Pentecost (Acts 2:2-4], and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you" (Matthew 6:33) Who is Holy Spirit baptism (John 1:33; 15:16).

"...that whosoever believeth in Him [In His "POWER that comes upon us" Acts 1:8; With Holy Spirit baptism; Acts 1:5; can "QUICKEN" us ; I Corinthians 15:45; "back to life" Ephesians 2:1; from our "DEAD spirits" Romans 5:12-14; I Corinthians 15:21-22]  shall not perish but have everlasting life" (John 3:16)!

(((VERY))) "conditional!"

"He that believeth and is [Holy Spirit] baptized shall be SAVED; but he that believeth NOT shall be DAMNED.  And these SIGNS SHALL FOLLOW them that believe, In My Name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover" (Mark 16:16-18) that isn't received after a water baptism as the LYING pedophile roman catholic church has taught today's Christians!

"Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you" (Luke 19:40).

"DEAD spirits" don't have "the love of God" when "the DEAD knows nothing at all" (Ecclesiastes 9:5)!

Until "QUICKENED" back to life from our DEAD spirits by His "POWER that comes upon us (Acts 1:8) with Holy Spirit baptism (Acts 1:5), you have NOTHING not even the love of God!

"For the love of God is shed abroad (((BY))) the Holy Ghost" (Romans 5:5) but without His POWER who QUICKENS us (I Corinthians 15:45) back to life, when we are Holy Spirit baptized (Acts 1:8; John 1:33; 15:16),  we remain "DEAD spirits" and "the DEAD knows nothing at all" (Ecclesiastes 9:5).

Consequently today's Christians can't even keep the "two greatest commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40) without being baptized with the Holy Ghost (John 1:33; 15:16)!

WITHOUT (((PROOF))) OF HOLY SPIRIT BAPTISM, ONE IS (((NOTHING))) TO GOD BUT A "DEAD SPIRIT!"

WANT ME TO REPEAT THAT?

WITHOUT (((PROOF))) OF HOLY SPIRIT BAPTISM, ONE IS (((NOTHING))) TO GOD BUT A "DEAD SPIRIT!"

And (((PROOF))) is His "POWER" (Acts 1:8) "SPIRITUAL GIFTS" (I Corinthians 12:7-10) and "SIGNS FOLLOWING" (Mark 16:17-18) received (((AFTER))) Holy Spirit baptism (Acts 1:5; I Corinthians 12:13; Mark 16:16) 

To ((("CONFIRM))) that the LORD is working with us" (Mark 16:20)!

• 1 month ago

The terms of pardon have always been conditional.  In fact the word "if" precedes OT conditions, "If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land." (2 Chron. 7:14)  "Except you believe that I AM He, you sill die in your sins." (John 8:24)  "He that believes and is baptized will be saved, but he that believes not will be condemned." (Mk. 16:16, John 3:18)

• 1 month ago

Throughout the entire Bible it's clear that God's patience is phenomenal, as He gives people time to repent. But God's idea of time is not our idea, so we have that verse pointing out that humans think God is slow, but He isn't. He created time and at just the right time, while we were helpless, He sent His Son into the world to save sinners - Romans 6:6. At just the right time, this Jesus will return and then the Day of Salvation will be over. The Day of Resurrection & Judgment will start when those not saved will have run out of time to repent and believe in Jesus, that they might be saved.

God does not force His salvation on anyone. We would all like to see everyone saved, but the Bible is clear that many will perish, rejecting God's only means of salvation. 2 Peter 3:9 is not a promise. It is an explanation as to why not all will be saved, despite God's great patience.

• 1 month ago

Congratulations on making a bunch of statements while pretending to ask a question by putting 'true or false?' at the end.

And to answer your question - every one of your premises is false.

There is no evidence to support (or compelling reason to infer) the existence of 'God(s)', and the Judeo-Christian 'bible' is a collection of superstitious nonsense (much of which is plagiarized from older myths) that has been propagated through fear and ignorance.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

True, it looks like "not slowness" is conditional, while everyone gets "patience".

• RockIt
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

False.   There is one condition.  Accept Jesus as savior.  Done. Finis. The End.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.