Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 month ago

Is nutella suppose to be in refrigerator or the shelves?

I was trying to make some sandwiches with it for the first time, but I had it in the refrigerator and it become so hard that I had to microwave it.

peanut butter I store in the refrigerator because it said that on the jar but not sure if you suppose to that with nutella.

with shelves, I mean the counters. (English is not my native language)

Nutella should be stored with the lid tightly closed to keep out moisture and other contaminants. Keep it away from heat or the oils will separate. Nutella should not be refrigerated, as refrigeration will make it hard and unusable”.

• 1 week ago

Nutella is a chocolate and hazelnut spread which is enjoyed mostly with bread. It is a widely popular chocolate food which is enjoyed with peanut butter as a morning breakfast or as an evening snack or whenever you are hungry.

According to food experts, it is best if you store Nutella in a cool and dry place, in your kitchen away from the heat and light.

Store Nutella with the lid tightly closed and away from moisture so that it doesn't get spoiled.

If you put Nutella in the refrigerator, the spread inside will thicken, and it will lose its texture, and you won't be able to spread it over your food anymore. Hence it is advisable not to refrigerate Nutella and instead, store it at room temperature.

Refrigerating Nutella might also cause the product to go bad very quickly. After opening a bottle of Nutella, you should finish the consumption at least within 6 months.

I know how addictive Nutella can be. But please don't eat too much of it because it is quite sweet and too much chocolate and fatty nuts aren't good for the heart.

that one fact that its rock hard should tell you it doesn't need refrigeration. If it did, it would say that on the jar label. its nothing more than chocolate and ground nuts, neither of which need refrigeration.

I have never refrigerated nutella. I just keep mine in the cupboard.

utella should never be refrigerated for reasons that you have discovered.

• Alpha

Storing it in the frig is better for the long term.  You can store it in a cool dry place not exposed to sunlight so long as the lid is tight. Store it away from heat sources.  You should also use a clean spreader whenever you scoop out the content. This will prevent cross contamination.

• kswck2

Once opened, it needs to be refrigerated. 

Unopened jars can be kept on the shelf, but once opened should be refrigerated. If you find it too hard to spread from the fridge, then get it out an hour or two before you use it. 

• CB

It can be stored at room temperature - no worries.

No just store it in your cupboard