Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 month ago

Would you like to live in New York City ?

• Mier

I don’t like anything about New York City. Looks like Puerto Rico and Africa rolled into one.

I would rather stay living in my hell

Not nowadays - assuming that the bleak look of it due to the virus has sapped it of what it once was... I mean - NYC was known as a bustling city full of life - and the virus is the complete opposite thing to that - totally not compatible. 

I don't know to what degree the city has bounced back... all I can recall even recently is photos of a fairly ghost-town Times Square - but ironically I visited the place for the 1st time in April, 2019... and expected to happen upon an obnoxious, noisy, stressful place but - I actually really, really liked it... 

It was so full of life and it felt like everying that I ever discovered throughout my life was invented there.

So, if we're talking NYC pre-Covid... yeah I would've liked it... but then that would've been just a year or so before it happened and lord knows... I might've gotten it since the crowded place was such an epicenter for spreading it. 

The September 11th Memorial(s) is so dark and such a chasm... having costed $700,000,000 one would expect it to be...  

I was shocked to see coins in it... but yeah it is so colossal that I remember leading my mom to it like the giant slide at the county fair since I saw it before she did.

Maybe some day, I don't know.

• garry

isnt that where people have died from the covid , and blm ativist burnt and looted ... no thanks 

No, I do not. It is too big and too filthy and its architecture too boring except very few buildings like the Chrysler Building, the Lincoln Center and the Statue of Liberty. It is only good for a visiting friends and then go shopping and entertainment (before and after Corona, of course)

No because big cities are overwhelming to me.

• Nicole

not really 

but i would like to visit there 

No, it's crowded and extremely cold in the winter. 

No, but I would like to visit there someday hun.

Yes, I would...