Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureMythology & Folklore · 1 month ago

Is the ouija board real or is it make believe?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

Their is a scientific explanation watch Brain Games on Disney plus and on the paranormal episode it gives a good explanation. 

• Paul
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Total nonsense.

• Robin
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

the ouija board is only a game board and nothing more anybody that tells you that is real is a fool

• Tom
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It is one of several devices driven by the IDEOMOTOR RESPONSE.  ID=subconscious mind and Motor=your Movement Muscles. Other such devices include the DeChevrul Pendulum, Tipping tables, dowsing rods, etc.

They all work based on some "signaling" arrangement that can be used to effectively communicate with your own SUBCONSCIOUS MIND via very slight Motor muscle movement responses that the devices amplify.  They ALL work----Indeed many legit Psychoanalysts use the DeChevrul Pendulum (Named after a 20th Century French Psychologist) who used the pendulum to probe a clients subconscious mind---Slight movements ot the wrist amplified the swing so answers to Yes, No, I don't know, or I don't want to answer could be determined by the swing direction.

The Tipping table works by having a predetermined number of "taps" (of an elevated leg) stand for an alphabet letter. and the dowsing rod by indicating subconscious wrist movements by the swing of a hand held rod or spring.

The Ouija board works in a similar manner.  YOUR SUBCONCIOUS mind using the letter on the board to direct your muscles to spell out words.---

While today, we know what is going on with these devices, Ancient superstitions, before the subconscious mind concept, THOUGHT such signals were MESSAGES  FROM THE DEAD.----So there is why people think Ouija board messages communicate with "Spirits".---It is really your own deep mind---and as we see above does have a Psychological application.

ANOTHER school of thought, though---Is the LATENT ESP theory.---We all having a degree of "Psychic ability"---but it is CONTAINED and restricted to the Subconscious mind.  Thus these devices MIGHT, in theory be able to transmit " psychic messages" FROM the subconscious mind TO the conscious by the indicators on the device.---INCLUDING SPIRITS.  The Ouija board uses TWO or more people to cancel out the subconscious of any ONE persons mind, and allowing only what they share (the spirit's message to come through----Only a Theory Mind you, but Who Knows? 

Bottom line whatever is happening is in YOUR OWN HEADS and not the physical board itself, which is only a tool like a PEN in your hands--that indicates the message---Nothing "Magic" about the board the "Spirit" if any, is IN YOUR HEAD AND BODY working the board----THAT is a SCARY THOUGHT 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

It's just a toy. It's to scare the unwitting. When I was about 13, or so, my cousin got one on her 12th birthday. She & her friend, my brother & I sat down to ask it a question. We all put a finger on it. And for the next half hour, we sat there. Nothing happened. It was put away & forgotten.

• 1 month ago

Ouija boards are made by a toy company and sold in toy stores.  If that doesn't tell you everything you need to know, nothing will.

• 1 month ago

The board id real its actions are a childrens game

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

i think its real

Lv 7
    1 month ago

Not everything that isn't Christian-sanctioned is real, just as not everything that is Christian-sanctioned is fake (although I can't think of anything).

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

the board itself is real,  the superstition about it is not

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.