Iam asked in Social ScienceSociology · 1 month ago

Do people with more time and money tend to have more children?

If people didn't need to care about building a career and had all their necessities (food, housing, security) covered, could we expect them to start producing more children? I see Japan as the counterexample of this, and it is having a population crisis, but places like Scandinavia, which seem to me like perfect places to settle down and have plenty of kids don't seem to be undergoing a population boom either.

Sorry for an identical question. My first question has a mistake in the title and I am unable to delete it.

@Zirp India might not need a population boom, but a country like Russia would easily be able to support triple the current population.

nope, because kids are money and time vacuums

• Zirp

No. In general people with less education or less access to social security (health-insurance, pensions) tend to have more children.

With over 7 billion people on the planet, nobody needs a population-boom

• Damien

my thinking has been people have kids to pass the time although don't want to admit it, life gets boring when is just u and the partner, so they have kids to reduce the boredom and avoid a divorce.Especially social people, extrovert people,outgoing people,they need kids to pass the time.