Are the COVID lockdowns and decreasing CO2 levels, causing this Polar Vortex to form?

The Northern Hemisphere is experiencing very abnormal seasonal snow and cold. Not only is the Jet Stream dipping south, but the Polar Vortex is forming early.  Should we start burning more fossil fuels to raise CO2 levels to trap more heat in the atmosphere?.  After all we don't want to see more cold and snow records broken.

Update:

Dirac you say….”CO2 also does not "trap heat", it warms the surface of the planet.”  Tell us where does CO2 get its energy to “heat the Earth’s surface”? Is it from your mythical greenhouse effect’s “back radiation” feature, where “heat via CO2 is reflected on a continuous basis back to the Earth’s surface” thus creating a “perpetual motion engine” which violates the 1st Law of Thermodynamics? Your fraudulent credentials are exposed big time!!

Update 2:

Dirac, not at night does the Sun's energy come in to play. But of course your holy grail is the K/W energy budget diagram that shows a flat Earth and is supported by alarmist "flat Earth" physics or pseudoscience. You had better read some Feynman and take a course in Thermodynamics..

Attachment image

16 Answers

Relevance
  • david
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

No. Global energy patterns are caused by the addition of more energy (such as that caused by CO2 production). The shift in pattern locations is caused by an increased trough/ridge imbalance. The way to solve the problem is to stop CO2 production, let things even out and cook off. Hopefully we'll live through this hell we've created. 

• JimZ
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

CO1.  You got to love that leftist science.  FYI LMSunshine, CO1 is just CO but it did give me a good chuckle.  I appreciate that.  If the lockdowns are responsible, then I suppose Hid'n Biden is the most at fault.  He has locked himself in the basement of one of his four houses or maybe Kamala and Nancy locked him in.  

My Denver Broncos had snow yesterday but I think I remember them having snow a month ago...pretty freaking cold.  It is finally pretty chilly here in So Cal too, and windy.  That will no doubt cause Gavin to shut down electricity to prevent fires.  The children and their lawyers are running California.  

• zipper
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

NO! The Democrats are causing it!

• 1 month ago

At least 3 sock answers here are from Dirac.  SMH

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

LOL, @ little Ms Sunshine's answer. CO2 turns in carbon monoxide. Are you related "Greta", who can see CO2 which is a colorless, odorless gas?

I think one factor for the intensity of the Polar Vortex is the migrating of the magnetic poles towards a pole flip.  Also a factor is that the sun is heading into an inactive cycle.

• 1 month ago

You might want to learn about a little concept called "cause and effect" instead of contriving things. Wake up! 

When it hangs around awhile, carbon dioxide turns into carbon monoxide - maybe you've been breathing too much CO1 and it's made you sleepy. 

• sam
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

CO2 levels are not decreasing

• Dirac
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Have you ever thought about looking at actual data? CO2 is not decreasing. CO2 also does not "trap heat", it warms the surface of the planet.  If you actually understood the greenhouse effect you would know that, but you're too intellectually lazy to take the time to understand it.

EDIT: It’s funny that with a name like “Solar Wind” you forget that energy is continually streaming in from the sun.

Another EDIT: Something else that Solar Wind missed is that it cools down at night!

Isn't Catwhisperer07 a sock puppet of Solar Wind? Isn't he answering his own question?

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

☀️

Dramatic COVID-related reductions in 2020 human CO2 emissions had zero impact on the Earth’s CO2 concentration. 

“despite unprecedented decrease in carbon emission, there was an increase in atmospheric CO2 concentration, which followed a pattern similar to previous years.”

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Or you could just buy a pair of long johns. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.