is windows 10 version 1909 safe?

My laptop is set to update to windows 10 version 1909. Is this version safe to update to and are they any issues with the new version? Should I wait to update as long as I can or right away?

1909 is eleven months old so not the newest version of windows 10 the latest one now is 2009 or people like to call it 20H2 so update to that.

The latest releases are versions 20Hx, you have a few months of updates piled up.

im already using version 1909 so its perfectly safe

The 1909 update came out last year. Its already 2 main versions behind. I've updated my systems at home within 1-2 days after a major Windows update without issues.

• Enigma

The only issue I had was I couldn't use the keyboard after the install but the on screen keyboard (OSK) worked. I found a remedy by rolling back the driver for the keyboard to a previous version which fixed the issue. Other than that I haven't had an issue.

• opurt

Given that all other earlier builds are either unsupported or will be out of support shortly, you really should update. Even 1909 is only supported until mid-2021. But yes, it is safe and stable.

Basically Microsoft expects you to either update to every build, or at least once a year to the second build of the year (xx09 or xxH2 as they're calling them now). The 20H2 build just started rolling out a couple of days ago.

Yes, it is safe, and versions vary by laptop model.

Source(s): v 1909 on HP 15-bs0xx
  • Bill-M

Yes it is safe.  HOWEVER -  1909 is NOT the current version

The Current Version of Windows 10 is 2004 Build Number 19041.572.