English grammar question?

Which of the following sentences is correct?

1. I am with my friend in Spain.

2. I am in Spain with my friend.

Both are grammatically correct

Both answers are okay.

My friend and I are in Spain, touring the countryside. Tomorrow we expect to be in Barcelona, where we hope to take in several museums and cathedrals.

It depends on context and how you are using it. Both are grammatically proper. Only one implies that your friend was already in Spain and now you are with him. The other says that you’re both currently in Spain together. Context matters.

Both sentences are grammatically correct.

The first one could mean that your friend usually lives in Spain; in the second there is no clue as to where the friend is from.

It is perfectly possible that both sentences simply mean that you are in Spain, with a friend.

Both are correct, but only because the phrase "friend in Spain" requires that friend to be in Spain, and you can only be with him if you are also in Spain.  There is no possible ambiguity, confusion as to whether the friend is in Spain or you are in Spain.

Normally, linguistic requirements would need you to say where before you say who.  Then it follows that the "who" part is also where you are.  The reverse (who part first) might not impose a common place for both you and the who being discussed. SO unless you specify that both are together, or not together, we can't know which you want to mean.

Both are grammatically correct, but might mean different things.

1.  probably says that you are visiting your friend who lives in Spain.

2. probably says that you and your friend are in Spain for a holiday (vacation, American-style).

Both sentences are grammatically correct. But they don't mean exactly the same thing, as how they're constructed changes the emphasis. In sentence #1, the most important thing is that you're with your friend. In sentence #2, the most important part is that you're in Spain.

they both sound okay to me

#1 sounds much more correct