how to start a fiction clothing line people could wear and which fiction creator will let me do that idea?

what im trying to say is ask the creator of that character to allow me to turn what their character is wearing into something people wear like cosplay but for every day use and turn it to a clothing item for a fiction clothing line people could wear what their favorite character is wearing anybody allowing people to do that ?

• Marli

Could you be clearer? 

Do you want to, for instance, design clothing to be marketed as "Game of Thrones" or "Harry Potter" merchandise?  The creator has the rights (if he/she did not sell them) and his/her legal advisor, accountant, agent and publisher will have their input as well, I'm sure.

Or do you want one of your own characters in your novel to be the clothing designer for Harry, Hermione and the other characters of Hogwarts or of their fictional fans in your story?   The author owns her own characters, and her 'entourage' will still give her their advice.

I bet they will insist to see your reasons for wanting their characters, how you plan to use them and market them, your design business's solvency and track records and how much money you offer for the rights.

I'm really not sure what you're going for, but copyright infringement is against the law. You'd get sued unless you buy the rights first, and rights cost A LOT of money. That's one. Two, no famous creator would sell the rights to an unknown fashion designer(?) and no potential client would be interested in a clothing line based on some anonymous creator. Your business idea is cute, but not a good one.