Anonymous

am i an a$$hole for doing this? ?

There is this kid in my auditing class who waits until the night of to inquire about homework by texting me asking me if i got the answers to the homework, and i dont bother responding to him because it’s not my responsibility to do his work for him and certainly not my responsibility to tell him when homework is due because he should be well aware of our professor’s homework policies and due dates. I believe if he brings that kind of work ethic to the work force he won’t last long so i don’t even bother.

Am i an a$$hole for not responding to him though? 

25 Answers

Relevance
  • JuanB
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Nope. Not an asshole

But it is the team work ethic and good communications expected of todays work force.  So you are wrong about that.

• zipper
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Good for you! By doing this he is cheating himself out of learning the how to do it and no one out there will help him once he is out of college. So by not responding your really helping this fool! KEEP IT UP PAL!

• 1 month ago

yes for two reasons

1.for being judgemental

2.posting question anonymously.

• drip
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Why does he have your phone number?

I would answer him back. Tell him politely    Sorry but I can not give you the answers. You need to do the work yourself.  Most information about due dates and assignments are on the syllabus. I can email you a copy of you need it. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

No you're not a jerk. Block his number. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

you left out e in the work you wanker .to busy pulling it are you ...

• 1 month ago

No. Just because someone texts you, doesn't mean you are obligated to even answer

• 1 month ago

No, of course not. He's the glass bowl for even asking.

I just ignore this kind of message. If you are really uncomfortable not responding, think of some "little white lies" to tell him:

"Oh, I got called into work last night, and we have to have our phones turned off."

"Sorry; I'm not home right now and don't have access to my laptop. Can't you get the assignment from the class web page?"

Eventually he'll figure out you're not a good source for information. 

• 1 month ago

If you feel the need to ask you almost certainly are.

• 1 month ago

Yes and The minimum length of an answer is 15 characters

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.