Unemployment $?

I am collecting money from unemployment. I also have a side business for the last 15 years I was not able to make any money this year. I was wondering if I could get money through unemployment or some other government program help compensate for the Money lost from that other business? Thank you

Talk to the Unemployment office about it.  They should be able to tell you whether you are eligible for anything else.

You may have been eligible for a payroll protection loan.  The deadline for that is long passed. 

There may be state or local grants but you are going to be on the list since you operate parttime.

If you are receiving less than your state's maximum, you should be able to add PUA (pandemic unemployment) to your regular unemployment.  If you are already receiving the max, there is no more to receive. 

Yes, during COVID there is unemployment available for self-employed people who lose income due to COVID.

It was your responsibility to fill out your unemployment claim correctly.

If your loss of self-employment income wasn't due to COVID, no, there is no unemployment for that.    There is no guarantee that you will make money if you go into business for yourself.    If you want a government insured investment, you need to look at something like government bonds.