Would a cream sauce keep in the fridge over night?

I'm want to make a mushroom and tarragon sauce but to have with my steak tonight, but the recipe makes a lot so i want to eat it with lamb chops tomorrow night as well. I put it in the freezer one time but when it came out, it was too runny. 

• denise

It would be ok kept in the fridge, It will probably 'set' when it cools, so when you have it the next day it will need stirring while heating up.

• Audrey

It will be fine in the fridge.

• IvaB

Yes...............

Oh yeah, you can easily refrigerate that for several days. No problems.

It will keep just fine in the fridge overnight and probably for a few days. 

To solve the problem of it being runny when it came out of the freezer a quick spin in the blender or a good shaker bottle would have probably taken care of that. 

• Goerge

Yes, manufacturer's have, through their fear and people being so quick to sue, led people to believe that their food goes bad well before it's actually unsafe to eat. Because they are worried about their bottom line they err on the side of overly cautious which accounts for too much food waste. 

The recipe makes a lot so why not cut down on the ingredients so you won't have to worry about it? Sites like all recipe tells the user how many servings it offers but they also have a + and - next to the amount of servings allowing the user to adjust the ingredients to their needs. Obviously you won't want to use half an egg but I doubt your recipe calls for eggs. 

Then you have to consider how old your ingredients were to start with which will of course translate to the new dish's longevity which we don't know. Sure we can assume it'll be good for 2 or 3 days but that's purely an assumption. Most milk I buy has a date on it of no less than a week in the future. That would mean any sauce I made would be good for at least that long. If it was a simple tarragon and mushroom bechamel sauce it would be good for a week because fresh mushrooms are normally good for at least a week when stored properly in the fridge. Freshly shredded parmesan lasts even longer.

I agree with the separation issue caused by the freezer. 

• CB

Not a problem, I would not be worried if it was in the 4 to 5 day range in the fridge but I know to be stupid-safe 2-3 days is recommended.

• kswck2

It should keep in the fridge for 2-3 days. Freezing it will cause it to separate, no no amount of mixing will restore it. 

• Petter

You can keep it in the fridge over night without any problems and then just reheat it whenever you need it. You could probably keep it there up to a week without any problems, treated properly.