If you were asked to go to war, would you go?

I wouldn't. I would rather be court-martialed and spend time in prison, or worse. 

I'm an objector, I couldn't ever hold a gun. 

Besides, I don't die for old men's ambitions. 

Well, I am a veteran, and have my fruit salad from a conflict or two......

but to be honest, I am glad I was OUT  before the 2003 invasion,  because I probably would have been pretty vocal about things, as some of us were............and landed in Leavenworth because if of it.   If you could see my posts  (on another site , at that time)......I called it all BS from the GET GO, in real time.   Saddam didn't have jacksh*t to do with 9/11......he didn't have any missiles to launch in 15 minutes........he wasn't threatening anyone,  and was already under a strict,-- and strictly enforced-- no fly zone, and couldn't move out of that box, without our birds pounding the crap out of him. 

There was zero reason to bomb innocent Iraqi civilians from the air, in Bush's campaign of "shock and awe". 

Yeah, I was shocked at the appalling aggression......and FIRST strike.......

and awed at the level of stupidity , that he got away with it. 

I served in Vietnam in 1966-67 i was a conscript, called up by ballot in Australia, most of us in those days just did what we were told, i had never heard of Vietnam didn't even know where it was.

These days if i was young enough the only time i would go to war is if my own country was being invaded, other than that, no thanks.

Personally, I would go. However I don't think that we should force people to unless we are in immediate danger. Because if we do that, then we are infringing on the very freedoms that many Americans died to protect. If there weren't people who would go, then you could go to jail just for saying that.

At 90, I would not be asked and it would depend on whom the enemy is

• Cee

Only if I thought it was a just cause.

Well sh*t!  It's not like the politician asking you to go to war would do the same for you...

Why? Unlike you I'm a Veteran. I may technically have lost what active duty people have, but for "it" not being my first rodeo. Does that actually make me more a smart-A$$ then before?

Going by what context are present. Seems like your one of the many sad American Trolls. Still living in your parents basement? Honestly, I don't give a **** about the details of you. Doesn't mean that I can't. It just isn't a large concern of mine.

Your a small-fry bro? The government itself is what I'm more focused at!

Sorry, to answer your question better. Nope! I already been there and done it. Why? Maybe, it could be that I'm a professional objector for the simple question of the why? Why? I can't be recalled and the small print on all contracts is over. The statute of limitations is why past due. I only have to die. Because of things I've earned. I don't pay taxes.

Sure, why not? I would like to help the world out with its overpopulation problem. 

--  I totally agree with "Will".  I do not like wars, even though I covered the Second Indochina (Vietnam) War as a war correspondent.

--  As "Will" stated, I would be willing to fight in a legitimate war against a undemocratic enemy dictatorship.  WW-2 and Kuwait (Gulf War-1) are the only ones on recent history.

• Will

Depends if the war is justifiable or if I'd be more like a tool for the political war machine or cannon fodder in some pointless bull **** war like in Vietnam and Afghanistan. A war like WWII where the future truly depended on the outcome, definitely.