Is the word "pieces" correct term? ?

He ordered thirty-five pieces of regular fries at Mcdo. 

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favourite answer

Every McDonald's normally has four sizes of their World Famous Fries: kids, small, medium, and large. And, they are called World Famous Fries, Famous Fries or just fries. 

For 35 medium size orders:

He ordered thirty-five medium size orders of fries at McDonald's. 

For 35 individual fries: 

He ordered thirty-five individual pieces of fries at McDonald's. 

• 1 month ago

As far a I know, McD's sells McNuggets in pieces, but they sell fries by the scoop. 

• 1 month ago

No, that would mean 35 fries, probably as many as you could hold in the palm of your hand,

The standard word is "portion". He ordered 35 portions of fries.

But when he went into McDonalds he wouldn't need to say "35 portions". He would just say "Thirty five fries, please" or maybe "Fries for thirty five, please".But for that kind of order I believe they like you to phone in with advance warning.

• garry
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

should be 35 lots of fries .

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

I don't think that would work here. You could say, "He ordered 35 fried at McD", or ,"He ordered 35 servings of fries," or, "He got 35 orders of fries"

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I would use 'portions'.   'Pieces' is definitely wrong, because each portion of fries contains several dozen fries.  

You could say that somebody ordered thirty five pieces of fish, etc, since each portion is one whole piece.  But even in that case, I would use 'portion'.

Personally I write 'thirty five' thus, without the hyphen (dash), but that is possibly a British habit.  Maybe the hyphen is normal in the USA.  Both forms are known to my spell checker.

• 1 month ago

If you mean 35 individual slices of French fries. This is correct grammar. But that's not how the fries are ordered, as the scoop them out of a giant basket. Small, medium or large, order.

If you mean an order for 35 people, then say; "he ordered 35 (small, medium , or large), servings/ portions of fries".

Source(s): Worked at Berger King. Which is like mc donalds if you ask like that, I would respond" do you want, large, medium or small. We don't count the fries"
  • Zirp
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Probably not.

if you mean he ordered for over thirty people, you'd say "portions of fries"

• 1 month ago

He ordered thirty-five fries.

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Not unless you mean that he ordered 35 individual fragments of fries. Orders would be a better word

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.