Started a new job today.. and I start my next schedule next week but debating to work here.. a bad feeling! READ DESCRIPTION ?

Hello! So I started working at Menards.. & today I had orientation & then training after. My schedule starts next week Thursday through Saturday. 

But like today.. something didn’t feel right. Something makes me uncomfortable. One of the managers who was in the orientation room setting things up the 2 managers wasn’t there for the orientation... but anyways I had feeling someone kept looking at me. And well I was right one of them was. And that exact one just kept staring at me not in a good way either... but like yea I know they check on everybody who is training to see how they are doing .. but some doesn’t feel right to me. 😔 I’ve seen reviews about working there and there’s multiple reviews of people saying male management has/had sexually harassed & threaten jobs & hours etc. 

before I looked at the reviews... I was feeling uncomfortable all day. I already have a job I work from home. I wanted a part time job to get some money up...  but like should I stay and be uncomfortable or should I leave??

I don't think you have to put up with sexual harassment, or bullying in the work place, but you haven't described anything except someone LOOKING at you. Nothing was said, or done, just looking. You have NO IDEA what was on that person's mind. And you can't make assumptions based on that. 

Looking isn't illegal, and it's not harassment. Maybe you should try to find out if there was something that person was trying to communicate before judging them. 

Of course you should trust your intuition, which was later on confirmed by reviews you found online about that employer. I think I know what kind of look you are talking about, it's predatory type of look, and people who never experienced this will not understand what are you talking about, so do not get upset. It's just random people responding to something without full apprehension of your particular experience. When you say you felt uncomfortable, it opened up possibility for multiple interpretations. You might be young and inexperienced to recognize this as feeling unsafe which is a valid concern that has nothing to do with you willingness to work or being work ready. You should avoid any work environment that makes you feel this way. You should stay safe, rather than sorry. Ignore any advice to the contrary.

Y’all who answers I hope y’all ***** *** kids deal with this. LOOK IT UP SLUT BAGS if you look up the reviews from former employees about the job it tells you. LIKE I WAS TOLD BY OTHER PEOPLE I ASKED I WILL TRUST MY GUT FEELING *****! :) suck a dick and die for now on

• Eva

You should stay. It sounds like you're looking for an excuse not to work. You can't avoid everything that makes you feel "uncomfortable". It probably has more to do with being new and learning some different than it does with a manager's behavior.  "Looking at you" isn't sexual harassment. Words or overt actions certainly can be and should be shut down immediately. Don't just ignore it. Make it clear that you don't appreciate being treated like that. Document any incidents as you may need the information if you are let go for standing up for yourself.  No workplace should be like that, but unfortunately they still exist.

• Managers are king of like supervisors, they're supposed to watch what you're doing. To make sure you're doing your job, and that you're doing your work correctly.

You don't know if this manager that's watching you, is the one that sexually harassed employees. If any sexual harassment with does happen with this manager, report them for it.

You will have problems with any job. Jobs are not about "comfort" they are about trading your time & work for money.