Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender & Women's Studies · 1 month ago

Do men prefer to live in feminist countries just for good life?

Men from third world countries prefer to migrate to Britain, Scandinavia and America where most women are feminist. These feminist countries have a lot of good things like good income, comfortable life and better opportunities.

Update:

Bill, Men in third world countries have a very tough life. I'm a man from a sh!thole country and I want to move to Germany or any West European country.

Update 2:

Green Puffin : America is much richer than UK but lacks glory and historical beauty. Entire Europe is more beautiful than US 

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

They go to get more value on their money; a $100 goes a very long way over in the third world. Plus the west offers them certain freedoms but their hearts are always their place of birth; their hearts never leave their home of birth.

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Sure. What guy would want to live in a culture where women can't read, can't enjoy sex because of FGM or where they "close their eyes and think of the fatherland"?

• Elana
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Unless you can show that men more actively pursue living in countries with higher rates of feminism than women do, it comes down to "why to people want to live in countries where the standard of living is higher?"

I would have thought that was obvious.

So why is the standard of living is (generally) higher in countries with feminism?

Perhaps that's the wrong way to think of it:  Why do countries with higher standards of living become more feminist?  That is, what gives countries with higher standards of living the luxury of having more autonomous women?

And that might be the issue:  When humanity is at risk (evolutionarily), we tend to go back to our roots:  We do everything we can to protect the things we require to reproduce as fast as possible.  This means we treat women as sentient wombs and men as cannon fodder to protect them.

The only way this changes is if we develop the technology to develop human beings without maternal gestation AND it becomes so cheap that everybody can use it AND then we survive hundreds of generations for our minds to catch up with technology.

I think it is far more likely that humanity will wipe itself out than achieve such a huge change in the way that it thinks about reproduction when the chips are down.

Yes, I do think women having more autonomousness is certainly good for women, and generally good for men - but I don't think it really changes our evolution and therefore our instincts and therefore trends of people migrating around the world looking for "better life".  Yeah, if you're hungry enough for long enough, "enough to eat" trumps "autonomous" EVERY TIME.

Ultimately, we're all motivated by survival first and foremost, even if we don't know it or admit it.

Why have most philosophers throughout history been rich?

You have to have time to get educated, and you have to have time to think about profound things... and if you're starving, that time is already spent either directly or indirectly coming up with your next meal.

Liberty is a luxury and it always will be.  "Give me liberty or give me death" was said by a person who had eaten in the last week.

• 1 month ago

Feminist countries tend to have many benefits that other Patriarchal countries frown upon.  Here in the UK we have a well established Welfare State, that offers financial help for people on low incomes or one parent families or help for people living with disabilities.

We also have Free Health Care (every worker pays into the NHS via National Insurance contributions).

In feminist countries it's a safer environment for women & men, as our Police Authorities arrest rapists and murderers and spend many hours trying to Imprison Criminals.  Whereas in many Middle Eastern Countries the Police turn a 'blind eye' or openly encourage rape and murder (especially if the victims are female).

Feminist Culture is far more caring than traditional Patriarchal societies, who are barbaric and violent.  America is turning into a Barbaric Patriarchal society, so try to avoid emigrating there.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Bill
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Nope. Feminist society only really cares about women, while it actively works to undermine men. Men in feminist societies have much lower levels of self confidence, higher levels of depression, declining mental health, declining academic performance, and declining economic outcomes. Men in feminist nations are in fact increasingly opting out of society and failing to launch at life. Feminism was forced on men by the government, the elite class that saw economic benefit to women having careers, and women. 

I'm also not sure where you got the idea that feminist societies have better economic outcomes. In case you missed it the wages in the US have failed to keep up with inflation for fifty years now. Ever since the gold standard ended inflation has been out of control, debt has been out of control, and wages have failed to keep up. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

That has nothing to do with feminism. Rich middle eastern countries are not feminist like Scandinavia. But those middle Eastern countries also have a lot of good things like good income, comfortable life and better opportunities.

• donnie
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

I would say the majority of women are not part of such a sexist movement. Sexist against both men and women. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.