Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceInvesting · 1 month ago

will the stock market go up or down if Biden wins. why?

• david

The Market will go down. Then again, it will go down if rump wins. There is no way for it maintain it's sputtering stagnation, let alone go up, so what's the alternative. The big tax cut which went into effect in 2018 yielded no actual new cash. It's not like Dimon, Blankfein, Moynihan and friends were burying their money in some field in France or something. It was already invested and circulating. So when that gaslighting bump began to sputter, The Fed started RePOs just 18 months later. Then, just 3 months after that, The fed zeroed interest rates. It feels like years ago because we've had other things on our minds, but this was just before Xmas. So unless rump has another rabbit he can pull out of his @$$, it's gonna crash. Is rump an actual doer? Can he actually fix things? Does he have that kind of track record. The 1st one to go, by the bye, with $1B exposure to rump that we know of - Deutsche. 

I  am not a big believer in people being able to predict the market, but at least some big Wall Street names seem to think the market would go up.

Goldman economists pointed out that polls "suggest a 'blue wave' in which Democrats gain unified control of Washington is becoming more likely" -- and they're not suggesting investors dump stocks.

In fact, "all else equal, such a blue wave would likely prompt us to upgrade our forecasts," Goldman Sachs chief economist Jan Hatzius wrote in a Monday report.

Moody's Analytics found that Biden's economic proposals, if enacted, would create 7.4 million more jobs than would Trump's. The economy would return to full employment in the second half of 2022, nearly two years earlier than under Trump's plan, Moody's said.

If taxes go up then earnings have to come down alot, pretty simple logic.

• ?

If I knew for sure, I would bet the farm; but I do not know.

• Kieth

First it will drop, then rocket back up, like it does after every election.

It depends more on congress but the market is putting a lot of faith that Trump will win and fix everything. It's absurdly overvalued right now and most people believe Trump will win. 

If Biden wins I think we'll have a 50% correction. If the democrats win the senate too I think we enter a decade long depression that will see stocks selling for pennies on the dollar. 

I'm mostly in cash with some big options bets on Pfizer. I own Gild which is up big on remdesivir news. And I trade Covid and tech stocks 

I try to stay flexible. Grab the profits while avoiding the crash. 

nobody knows and anybody that says otherwise is guessing.

But 10 years from now, Id wager its much higher.

I believe it will go down, though not drastically, it's inevitable that a vast reduction in fossil fuels will affect the economy deterimentally,  but you can't always have a win, win situation  and for me the longterm importance of the global ecology is far more important than financial prosperity, and hypothetically speaking,  i believe future generations will agree

Biden nailed this he said "we  have a moral obligation"

It will keep going up whoever the president is in the long run as long as the country doesn't fall apart