Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 month ago

how long was the debate tonight? and why did they choose Nashville of all places to have it?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Tmess2
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favourite answer

The debate was 90 minutes.

As far as why Nashville, you would have to ask the Commission on Presidential Debates.  

Generally speaking, the Commission has scheduled all of the debates for the past several cycles at universities.  They need a university that:  1) has an auditorium that is large enough to host the event (crowd, post-debate area for networks to talk with campaign representatives) and is set up to allow media coverage; and  2) wants to host the debate and is willing to make its auditorium free on the selected date. A lot of universities do not meet the first criteria.  And many do not want to put up with the hassles associated with the presidential debates.  In the end, there were only six applicants for hosting the debates.  

Belmont University in Nashville has hosted presidential debates before.  When the Commission set the schedule and chose the original hosts in October 2019, the two applicants that were rejected were the City of Hartford and Creighton University in Omaha.  (Subsequently, Notre Dame withdrew from hosting the first debate and Michigan withdrew from hosting the second debate -- which was ultimately cancelled -- and the Commission had to find other sites on short notice.  

• kristy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You should have watched it 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Excellent debate.

No idea why Nashville.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

why not Nashville,  my sister went thier on hols from the UK, though she didn't feel the most comfortable, she told me, she's vearmently anti-racist and it was a reference to that. but yeah it just feels kewl it took place in the one place where my family had visited the US, yeah i know that's weird.. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Thanks to Dave Ramsey, Nashville is almost the national capital

• Dave
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

90 minutes, good ribs

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.