PHOTOGRAPHERS HELP: Photo Filter for apparel website?

I can’t find any filters that I can use for my website that doesn’t alter the colour of the clothes in the picture

Any advice? 

Why do you think any filters are needed? 

I assume you are featuring clothes on the website, you therefore need to have the clothes seen as they are, as sharp as possible, and without any fancy enhancements.

Sumi's idea of a polarising filter might help, so might be worth getting.

You can sharpen in software, but don't overdo it.   Always work on a copy file.

Am I right in assuming that you are asking about camera filters, bits of glass in holders which go in front of the camera lens?  Or are you asking about software 'filters'?

• Sumi

Yeah, don't use filters.

I'm not trying to be sarcastic.  The only filter you should consider using for product photography is a polarizer which removes glare and reflections, thereby producing better detail with higher color saturation.  Removing the glare and reflections off of non-metalic surfaces in camera via a polarizer is far faster and cheaper than doing it in post.

You might want to consider using a UV filter simply for lens protection as studio cameras fall and get banged into from time to time.

Other than that, there's no need to be using a filter for product photography because it's going to change the appearance of the product which is NOT acceptable.  I mean, the last thing you want is for your client (or you) to have to deal with returned product because the colors were not as shown.

You should use an X-Rite Color Checker Passport which is an incredibly useful tool that allows you to create spot-on color.  The CCP has color pigment swatches that you photograph.  Using the software, the app detects the colors and then creates a profile that adjusts so that the colors are nearly 100% perfect.  You then apply that profile to your entire library of images shot under the same light and you've got perfect color instantly.

Why do you need filters?  If they're giving the wrong results, don't use them!