HOW TO MAKE MIRACLE WHIP TASTE LIKE MAYONNAISE ?

I went to the store to buy mayo the other day and all they had was miracle whip. I’ve never had miracle whip before but I assumed it was just like mayo. I couldn’t have been more wrong. this **** is disgusting but i don’t want to go buy mayo when i already spent good money on the miracle whip. what could i add to the miracle whip to make it less disgusting and more mayo-like?

21 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

You can't make an apple into an orange anymore than you can make Miracl Whip taste like mayo. Really.

Save the Miracle Whip to make salad dressing and go buy real  mayonnaise. 

Oh, by the way, I am a Hellmann's Mayonnaise snob. However. I tried Burman's Mayo at Aldi's and it tastes JUST like Hellmanns Mayo...but it is $1.79,  Not over $4.00 like Hellmans.

• 1 month ago

You can't!!!

No amount of salt will off put the sweetness.

Lesson learned.

• 1 month ago

You don't. Miracle is WAAAAY better than mayo

• SW-6
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

IF you can find a way to get rid of that sugar in Miracle Whip, it still wont taste like Mayo.  Me and my b/f go back and fourth on which one is better.  I like good old Mayonaise.  He for some reason finds the Miracle Whip taste so much better.  I don't agree.  If you eat Miracle Whip on a ham sandwich you are depriving yourself of the wonderful taste of the ham, maybe cheese too, combined with the savory mayo, as opposed to the same sandwich with a couple spoonfuls of sugar thrown on top if you eat it with Miracle Whip.  :)

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • JOHN B
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

From what I remember MW is basically too sweet. You could increase the volume to thin out the sweet taste. Whip up 5 or 6 egg whites and add to it then season to taste with lemon juice. I've never done it, but I would just eat it as is rather than tossing it. Maybe mix with ketchup since almost everything I use mayo on also gets ketchup.

• L
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Three step process:

1) Throw away Miracle Whip (or try to return it - even though you don't want to go back to the store. Sometime you gotta do what you gotta do.)

2) Buy Mayonnaise.

3) Use Mayonnaise.

There is little you can do to get Miracle Whip tasting like Mayonnaise. Agree with that and steps 2 & 3 make perfect sense.

• 1 month ago

return it and just tell them it tastes bad. They will refund your money. 

• Carrie
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Not possible. Once it is miracle whip it is ruined. LOL

• 1 month ago

Try adding a couple of raw egg yokes (not the whites).  Real mayo is largely egg yoke mixed in with some other stuff like oil.  No guarantee, but worth a try if the alternative is throwing it out.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You are right.   Miracle Whip is one of those love it or hate it things, and many of us hate it.   Sorry, you can't fix it.

If you really can't spend $2.50 to buy mayo, take the Miracle Whip to the staff fridge at work and trade it out for one of the six bottles of mayo in there when no one is looking.  

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.