HOW TO MAKE MIRACLE WHIP TASTE LIKE MAYONNAISE ?

I went to the store to buy mayo the other day and all they had was miracle whip. I’ve never had miracle whip before but I assumed it was just like mayo. I couldn’t have been more wrong. this **** is disgusting but i don’t want to go buy mayo when i already spent good money on the miracle whip. what could i add to the miracle whip to make it less disgusting and more mayo-like?

You can't make an apple into an orange anymore than you can make Miracl Whip taste like mayo. Really.

Save the Miracle Whip to make salad dressing and go buy real  mayonnaise. 

Oh, by the way, I am a Hellmann's Mayonnaise snob. However. I tried Burman's Mayo at Aldi's and it tastes JUST like Hellmanns Mayo...but it is $1.79,  Not over $4.00 like Hellmans.

You can't!!!

No amount of salt will off put the sweetness.

Lesson learned.

You don't. Miracle is WAAAAY better than mayo

• SW-6

IF you can find a way to get rid of that sugar in Miracle Whip, it still wont taste like Mayo.  Me and my b/f go back and fourth on which one is better.  I like good old Mayonaise.  He for some reason finds the Miracle Whip taste so much better.  I don't agree.  If you eat Miracle Whip on a ham sandwich you are depriving yourself of the wonderful taste of the ham, maybe cheese too, combined with the savory mayo, as opposed to the same sandwich with a couple spoonfuls of sugar thrown on top if you eat it with Miracle Whip.  :)

• JOHN B

From what I remember MW is basically too sweet. You could increase the volume to thin out the sweet taste. Whip up 5 or 6 egg whites and add to it then season to taste with lemon juice. I've never done it, but I would just eat it as is rather than tossing it. Maybe mix with ketchup since almost everything I use mayo on also gets ketchup.

• L

Three step process:

1) Throw away Miracle Whip (or try to return it - even though you don't want to go back to the store. Sometime you gotta do what you gotta do.)

2) Buy Mayonnaise.

3) Use Mayonnaise.

There is little you can do to get Miracle Whip tasting like Mayonnaise. Agree with that and steps 2 & 3 make perfect sense.

return it and just tell them it tastes bad. They will refund your money. 

• Carrie

Not possible. Once it is miracle whip it is ruined. LOL

Try adding a couple of raw egg yokes (not the whites).  Real mayo is largely egg yoke mixed in with some other stuff like oil.  No guarantee, but worth a try if the alternative is throwing it out.

You are right.   Miracle Whip is one of those love it or hate it things, and many of us hate it.   Sorry, you can't fix it.

If you really can't spend $2.50 to buy mayo, take the Miracle Whip to the staff fridge at work and trade it out for one of the six bottles of mayo in there when no one is looking.