Augie asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 1 month ago

Wouldn't you have to know the real history to say all history is biased??

But then, logically. all history would not be biased. 

DOES ANYONE ON HERE ACTUALLY THINK ???

24 Answers

Relevance
  • JOHN B
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

"Man who play with blain, loses glay matter, glasshopper". Quote from Master Po's book of life

• 1 month ago

History, to be meaningful, must be multi-focal. There are going to be biases, but by having multiple perspectives, you are more likely to get a holistic view of how circumstances were presented. It is tempting to see history as a linear progression from the past to the present to the future in logical progression...a sort of onward and upward forever. Actually, many twists and turns could have occurred with differing results. 

• pmt853
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Makes achange from your usual weird posts about Greeks, homosexuality and religion. Keep up the shouty capitals.

• garry
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

yes and , history is only propaganda anyway , every one with a brain knows that well except you .

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

As the saying goes history is written by the victor.

So yes History is bias and a lot of history was proven false especially the Holohoax.

• 1 month ago

The ACTUAL history of something isn't either biased or neutral--it's just factual. The INTERPRETATION of history is what is biased. And yes, almost all of it is exactly that. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Have you never heard of the axiom that history is written by the victors?

All human perception depends on the emotions of humans.   Who owns up to being at fault in a road accident?

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

History is written by the winners - is a popular phrase.

But it's also true that mythology is written by the survivors. Meaning that even the losers have a voice.

But in the end, ALL representation of reality is subject to individual viewpoint. Do you realise that if you choose the wrong words to tell something about something you witnesses, your own memories will be shaped by those words ?

• 1 month ago

The history books that my grandchildren use today are nothing like the history books I learned from in the mid-1950s.

• ree
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

You need to be more specific. Some history I experienced first hand and my convictions coincide w/ the way history recorded it. Some history, no one disputes. Some history is recorded w/ some uncertainty built in. Much of history is known to be open-ended pending new discovery etc. If you have reason to dispute recorded history, let's hear it. Hopefully you have facts to add and not opinion only. In Oxford-style debate, opinion is disallowed. That's how cheap scholars consider it. 

Some of the most brilliant minds in the world operate in a courtroom that rarely allows opinion, hearsay, conjecture etc. That's when objection can occur, striking f/ the record etc.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.