8000+ religions worldwide?

8000 religions worldwide , all of them claim to have the truth in their pocket ,

wh is right ?

85 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

They have no chance without Jesus.  God didn't send His Son for Him to be denied.

• Some are, some are not.

• 1 month ago

Religion is a scam, and originally used as a control system by frightening the slaves and other ignorant people.  Today the same is done, but for the purpose of stealing money from the gullible.

@Ted, you are totally correct.

• 1 month ago

Right about what? They haven't been able to produce demonstrable evidence of their supernatural god claims (the ones that claim it)

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Brahminism is the correct and truthful, universal faith.

• 1 month ago

Repentance leads to truth ... as you know but don't want.

• 1 month ago

Where does that figure come from?  I count twelve major religions, maybe a couple more, many of which are mutually compatible and are simultaneously held by the same people, and some of which deny they have the ultimate truth.  In fact, this all sounds like you've applied beliefs held by certain Christians across the board.  It really isn't like how you've described and I really have no idea where you got the idea there are eight thousand of them.  How?

• Paul
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The answer of course depends on the founders of the various religions. One founder, and only one, clearly demonstrated that He was God, by constantly doing things only God could do. He, God, founded one Church, said it was to remain one, and promised that one Church "The Holy Spirit will guide you into all truth", and "Whatsoever you bind on Earth is bound in Heaven", and "He who hears you hears Me". Why would I be interested in any of the thousands of conflicting manmade churches, when God Himself has guaranteed the fullness of His truth in the one Church He provided for us?

• 1 month ago

The Bible gives a warning about religion.  Due to what lies in store for Babylon the Great, God lovingly warns: “Get out of her, my people, if you do not want to share with her in her sins, and if you do not want to receive part of her plagues.” Revelation 18:4. Notice the word “if,” mentioned twice. God’s warning is aimed at people who are disturbed by hurtful teachings and who want God’s favor.  

Using symbolic language, God likened all religion that is unfaithful to him to a flamboyant prostitute named “Babylon the Great.”​ Revelation 17:1, 5.

That symbol is fitting because false religion, while claiming fidelity to God, has consorted with the rulers of the world to gain power and wealth. “The kings of the earth committed sexual immorality with her,” according to Revelation 18:9. The term “Babylon” is appropriate too, because many false religious teachings and practices, such as the immortality of the soul, triune gods, and occultism, have roots in ancient Babylon, a city steeped in false religion and superstition.  Isaiah 47:1, 8-11.

Please read this article, The End Of False Religion Is Near:  https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/library/r1/lp-e/all-publ...

Would you like to discuss a Bible topic with Jehovah’s Witnesses, or try out our free Bible study program?  I will send you a link to get you started, please view the video:  https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/request-a...

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Alert: In many areas, we have suspended our in-person visits and public meetings. Please include your telephone number when you complete the form and a Witness in your area will contact you.

Source(s): jw.org
  • TeeM
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

90+% of those religions have one core belief.

The immortality of the soul.

Watch the video "Does God Accept All Forms of Worship?"

https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitem...

And see if this belief is true or not.

If is isn't true, then you have eliminated 90+% of all religions worldwide.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.