Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 1 month ago

Did rudy giuliani tell the hole truth about the twin towers ?

• Joseph

Tham153 doesn't know what he's talking about.  In the course of my work I have had frequent contacts with the NYC Mayor's Office Emergency Management personnel, including those who were on duty on 9/11.

The Emergency Management Center was located in 7 World Trade Center, across the street from the twin towers.  7WTC, including the Emergency Management Center, was evacuated before it collapsed.  After it was evacuated the EMC functions were transferred to the Mobile Command Posts and to the Police Command Center a few blocks away.  No Emergency Management Center personnel was killed on 9/11.

Giuliani had demanded NYC's emergency control center be placed in one of the Twin Towers, despite one having been bombed in 1993 and recommendations by the NYPD, FDNY and EMT to put it in an unimportant part of Brooklyn.  The result was the center was out of commission with most of its on duty staff dead when needed on 9/11, probably leading to around 600 unnecessary deaths according to a post-event analysis.

I heard the first tower collapse that morning.