Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

My personal trainer is being mean to me behind my back?

I’ve been going to a new trainer for about 3 weeks already. He is probably the best I have ever had, gives great workout advice, motivates me to continue going through with the program. He is just friendly to me and I enjoy our casual talks. Today, a staff member at the gym said 

that he has been making not so nice comments about me and that she tells him to go easy on me because she can see that I am trying very hard. At first it didn’t bother me, but now I don’t want to be giving my money to someone that is so disrespectful to me behind my back. And this is after I told him I have always had body issues and even told him that I had always been self conscious about going to the gym!

• Find one who isn't.  There's about eight gazillion personal trainers.  

maybe you should get another one

Huh?  Is there a questions here?

If you want to take the word of some staff person, that's your choice.  If you want to confront the trainer, that is another choice.  How your spend your money is your choice.  It is also your choice to get bent out of shape by an unsubstantiated comment or to not worry about things that don't really matter if you are getting the results you want.  

He is NOT being mean to you in your sessions.  What do you care what he says about you to other people?  You aren't dating him.