There is a weird crack in my wall above the window. The way I would describe it is as if there was a finger pushing it out. What is it?

Is this a job for a professional?


I just want to know what would cause this crack to happen in the first place. It is not a flat crack as you can see. 

Attachment image

5 Answers

  • 3 months ago

    Looks like an expansion crack. Something has expanded and pushed the surface outwards. Get some filler, dig out the area then fill it and smooth it out level.

  • I care
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

    Sometimes when a home begins to settle cracks develop.  Having a professional check it out if you want to pay this expense?  

  • 3 months ago

    Nail working it's way out. Pick off the loose stuff, set the nail. Fill with plastic wood, sand and repaint.

  • 3 months ago

    'get a professional' is bad joke -- your ordinary handyman can do this job just fine

  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 months ago

    Well picking out the loose stuff, patching, sanding, and painting isnt rocket science.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.