Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetInternetOther - Internet · 1 month ago

What's going on?

A pirate site I have been using for awhile (don't judge me) with my adblocker turned on has suddenly started showing a message that it has detected an adblocker and won't work unless I turn it off.  Why did it never have a problem before today?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

The site owners have just added the tool. It's their choice. They need to make money as sites can't operate without some revenue.

• Lv 7
    1 month ago

it wasn't checking before today. people add new features to their sites all the time.

• 1 month ago

My urge them don,t bant you,if,may be they are kind and you don,t tell,so ask them a kind of that,ie.kindly!

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

If it's a site you use regularly then do them a favor by turning it off for that site. It costs money to run it.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Websites aren't free.  

• 1 month ago

The ad blocker is probably part of the anti-virus program you use (or the build in Windows Defender.)  It was changed by an update (which you get almost daily with anti-virus programs needed to keep ahead of the new viruses) and is now detected by the pirate site.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

They are losing click revenue from people who block advertising on their site and are trying to force you to view ads an potentially get malware.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.