Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 1 month ago

Biological clock worries...am I leaving it too late? ?

I am only 24 and I have always wanted a family one day (just 1 kid) but I’m afraid in case it never happens for me because I REALLY am not ready to have children especially not in my 20’s and I have a lot of other things I want to do with my life first. Same for my boyfriend who is the same age as me. maybe in 9 years seems good. Is 33/34 leaving it too late? My mother did have me at 30 but I’m still so worried about this. I know some people would say freeze your eggs but that is extremely expensive to do and doesn’t always work I’ve heard. I definitely have no fertility issues and am very healthy. Does anyone have any advice to give me? Is 34 a good age because it seems more women are having kids in their 30’s these days but Im still a little anxious because sometimes you hear people say your fertility drops off a cliff at 30.

Your own fertility will slowly decline from age 3O-5O zxj

. . . . . . . . . .

, , , , , , , , , ,

Fertility does not drop off a cliff after age 30.

• lala

Dear no problem !!! Yes wait in your 30 ties 

and Yes you will get prego 

My mother in law had my husband at 42 yrs 

No, you are not waiting too long for anything. You are waiting until it is comfortable for you. My sister did not have her first child until after 30, and just had her second this year (she is now 37).

Fertility drops steadily after about 40, not usually like off a cliff.  Note 40.  So your plans for the early to mid 30s are fine.  Don't spend silly money on getting eggs frozen.

For the record - our three came along when my wife was 32, 34, 37.  They have all got university degrees and interesting jobs.

I came along when my mother was 38, her only child.   WW2 kept my parents apart for a few years.

You have your facts mixed up. 40 is the age when a woman's fertility starts to decline seriously. At 30, most women are just reaching their peak. And there's nothing wrong with waiting until your early 30's to have kids. Good grief. Find something else to worry about, like your career. You need to get yourself established anyway, so that you're financially able to support a child or children when you finally start a family. And you're not married yet, which is also something else to consider. It would be better for any kids you have to grow up in a secure, two parent household. They will be healthier that way, and so will you.

If the Duchess of Cambridge was able to have 3 kids in her 30's, so can you. The risk of hereditary genetic defects like Down Syndrome is slightly higher after 35, but that doesn't mean you can't have healthy children after that age. Many women have done this. One of my siblings had her younger son when she was 36. He's now a freshman in college, and perfectly healthy.

You have lots of time. I wouldn't worry about it.

• April

Most women can have healthy babies until age 35. Even afterwards, it's possible depending on your circumstances. Adoption could be a possibility later on too if you can't have kids. Women reach their sexual peak at 30, so they're still highly fertile.

Having kids due to social pressure usually doesn't lead to good outcomes. It's a load of responsibility. Don't let people guilt trip you.

You DO NOT KNOW if you have fertility issues or not.  How do you know that you "have no fertility issues".  What tests have proven that?   Until you actually TRY to become pregnant - you do not know if you are fertile or not.

It is possible to have a cycle that seems completely normal and completely healthy and still have a fertility issue.

I had a good friend who wanted children.  She was 23 years old when she started trying.  She had regular periods and everything indicated that she should be ovulating.  After almost 2 years of trying, she finally had more testing done.  They discovered that her fallopian tubes were completely blocked.  She was ovulating - everything else was normal - but the sperm and egg would never join because her tubes were completely blocked.

Fertility does NOT drastically drop at the age of 30.  The drastic drop happens at about the age of 40.  MANY women DO successfully have children in their 30s.

But you have asked this multiple times and you have gotten answers multiple times - so I am now convinced you are just a troll since you can't accept any answers you get on this.

Stop asking here - get a physical check up with an obgyn and talk to them about fertility after the age of 30.  

I definitely wouldn't worry unless you've been specifically told by a physician that you will have trouble conceiving. I'm 33 and still nowhere near ready and pushing it off to 36-38 and I'm honestly not worried at all. Kids are a huge commitment. I was born when my parents were in their 40s and so was my boyfriend and we are fine.

You're very smart by the way to know this about yourself and to know you want to spend your 20s living life for yourself. I think that's wise.

• edward

It becomes more difficult at 30 for sure