do you agree with feminists who say we should prioritize womens over mens safety with regard to covid, for gender equality... ?

"do you agree with feminists who say we should prioritize womens over mens safety with regard to covid, for gender equality... ?"

Like everything else "feminist", I agree with her WORDS, but not her interpretation of those words.

Here's what she says:

"we must embed gender equality in all aspects of our national response to COVID-19"

And my response is, I agree.

But then she goes on to describe that "gender equality" by adding this:

"including prioritising women’s safety"

My response is .... How is -prioritizing- women's safety any form of "gender equality"?  That is NOT treating women equally to men.  That is privileging women to preferential treatment by prioritizing their needs over those of men.

This is a perfect example of what feminism is today.  It SAYS it is about equality.  But it always ACTS completely out of accordance with equality and seeks to privilege women at the expense of men.  Always!

.

Yes, of course, nadnandnadnadnanda

• donnie

No they want to be equal don’t they? 

I’m tired of dishonest feminists treating us women like children. They paint a world where men handily outsmart and manipulate us as if we’re  only as smart as 5th graders that cannot take care of ourselves. This dishonest victim culture for women has to end. I want to be respected as a woman, not coddled as a child. We don’t need these feminist demanded privileges. We need equality so we can be respected as equals.

The comments to that tweet are filled with anti-feminists owning the stupid woman. I love how feminists even manage to get owned on the highly censored and politically biased twitter. The best part is when they leave twitter and complain about how they were bullied by right wingers even if most of the people owning them were not right wingers. lol

Anyway, when it comes to a virus you should prioritize the people most at risk, which is of course men in the case of covid, not women. 

Yes, because women are superior, as men are unable to give birth. Women live longer anyway.

That article's available online, so I'll see what it actually says, because Mick's hot takes tend to be delusional. Apparently, Natasha Despoja's editorial is concerned about lockdowns trapping victims of domestic violence with their abusers full time:

• "One of the most disturbing consequences of the crisis globally has been the increase in the rates and severity of violence against women, leading the United Nations to declare violence against women during Covid-19 the 'shadow pandemic'."

• "In the beginning, it was difficult to get an overall picture of the extent to which women and children were experiencing increased violence and coercive control during the pandemic, but some clear findings have emerged: there is more violence in more Australian homes, the severity of violence has increased and Covid-19 is being weaponised within the home as a tool of abuse."

• "Domestic violence workers have also reported disturbing cases of men using the virus to threaten and coerce women. This 'weaponising of the virus' includes reports of intimate partners misrepresenting the extent of quarantine measures and incidents where those experiencing domestic abuse are afraid to go to hospital due to the fear of contracting Covid-19."

OK, Despoja's editorial has persuaded me that this "shadow pandemic" of domestic violence is an issue requiring attention.

Source(s): Natasha Despoja, "After the virus: A plan for women", _The Saturday Paper_ (October 17, 2020)
  • ?

Pretty sure the WHO tallies still show more male than female victims of this virus. So, not really. 

• Elana

Such policies would indeed cement the perception of the inferiority of women.

No, such feminists have completely misunderstood the concept of equality.

And where were they during the "mansession" of 2008 where far more men lost their jobs than women?

There are, I believe, a small number of limited situations where women's lives should be promoted over mens'.

This is *NOT* one of them.

More men than women die of Covid.  Only a feminist could twist this into an argument for focusing more on women’s safety.